8 Fibers MTP / MPO Fiber Optic Patch Cables
The MPO-8 Fiber Optic Cable supports up to four duplex channels, and is used in the QSFP transceivers that utilize the 8 fibers to provide four lanes per MPO port.
- Efficient for point to point QSFP trunking applications
- Convenient for QSFP breakouts in some specific applications
- High precision guide pins for exact alignment
- Least efficient for duplex applications
- Offers the lowest panel density of all MPO systems
MPO to MPO 8 Fibers – The MPO-8 supports up to four duplex channels, and is used in the QSFP transceivers that utilize the 8 fibers to provide four lanes per MPO port. The MPO-8 interface is not strictly a standards recognized infrastructure interface. It is an application that happens to use 8 of the 12 fiber positions of the industry standard MPO-12. The QSFP application uses the outer 4 fiber locations (1-4 and 8-12) of the MPO-12 connector with 4 fibers used to transmit and 4 fibers used to receive. A QSFP transceiver does not use the center 4 fiber positions in the MPO-12 connector. While a standard MPO-12 cable will fully support this application, leaving fibers unused is not desirable. For this reason,cables and connectors can be constructed with MPO-12 connectors simply not providing or terminating the center four fibers. Most commonly used to establish 40G (40GBASE-SR4) links in between two QSFP+ transceivers. Additional applications include creating back-end trunk connections. Although higher density 12 fiber connectors are preferred.
- MTP / MPO Push-Pull Connectors for Quick Fiber Optic connections
- Push/Pull tab connectors offer maximum accessibility in high density installations; install / remove with one hand
- 24 times the density of SC style connectors
- High Density design cuts down on installation costs
- 50/125 OM3 Rated Multimode Fiber, 850nm
- Plenum rated jacket
- Each cable 100% tested for low insertion loss and back reflection
- Test data supplied with each cable
- Custom lengths available
MTP / MPO Patch Cable, 8 Fiber, 100GbE Aqua OM3 Plenum
Please Note: Attenuation testing performed in accordance with EIA/TIA-455-171A.